PAYPAL DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Never take clear speech for granted

An for the ones that know me, know I got a speech impediment.  Clear speech was stolen from me at age 12 due to a head injury, 2 injuries in fact: but the second one is what what causes me to stutter and I'm thankful for the people that are understanding about this.  But like the title suggests never take your clear speech for granted, if you have it.  Which a majority of the people that maybe reading this do.  But everyone that does have a speech impediment is a little different in how they react to certain peoples reaction, doesn't mean they are retarded or stupid.  Sometimes in my case it's just nervousness that tends to make it worse.  But some simple things people can do to help others with a speech impediment is don't finish or guess at what they are trying to say befits they finish (people that try to help or guess that me just frustrates me even more) so unless it's an emergency give someone worn a speech impediment an extra minute maybe the best piece of advice you get

No comments:

Post a Comment