PAYPAL DONATIONS ARE ACCEPTED

Monday, October 28, 2013

Free as in speech and free as in beer

Ok here's the plan, I want to hack the Linux kernel for a great Linux OS like Debian; take advantage of Xeon processors.  Which have flooded the market, an as of now RedHat Linux is the only company that does that.  But they are not very forthcoming about there code, but what surprises me more is no outside developers have jumped on this.  Here I'm wanting a Xeon based servers for hope use which might I add have gone down so much in price.  Something I'm gonna do is when I get my coding skills back up to par, an get a gently used Xeon based server to code on so I'll probably have to put a 64 bit version on it; then setup a virtual setup to try an get it to code on.  I'll keep everyone posted on my progress

No comments:

Post a Comment